Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Guest Designer for Graphic 45!! Plus...{VIDEO TUTORIALS}

 
Goodmorning everyone!!  A little warning, this post will be photo heavy and have not one but TWO Video Tutorials to enjoy.  So grab a cup of coffee/tea, sit back and enjoy, I hope you have as much fun checking it all out as I had creating these projects! 
 
When I got my package from Graphic 45 to do a guest spot for them, I was overwhelmed by the gorgeous products and their kind generousity!!   For my first project I did a layout using the beautiful Botanical Tea collection.  I've been waiting for the perfect collection to scrap this photo of my nephew Jared and his two little girls, Botanical Tea had all the pretty elements I was looking for.
 
 
I began by fussy cutting a bunch of the lovely design elements in the patterned papers.  I cut out the tiny pink flowers and attached them to a Dusty Attic Branch.

 
I made the flowers by using a Spellbinders die and a pink paper from the small 6x6 paper pad that coordinates with the Botanical Tea collection papers. I also added some of the amazing metal embellishments (Keys, key holes) from Graphic 45's Staples collection.

 
Here is a close-up of the key-hole,...I just love their metal embellishments, so intricate and beautiful!  I bordered my photo and patterned paper with some of the brown cardstock paper that coordinates with this collection.  I trimmed with a scallop edge scissor and added a dot of white gel pen to the center of each scallop.

 
I used a few Cheery Lynn die cut pieces for my corner designs and moistened the paper with a little waterto pull down the edge.  I finished by adhering a butterfly cut from the patterned paper.

 
There are so many wonderful coordinating pieces that come with this collection including cardstock stickers...here I used some for embellishing.
 
 
For my second project I thought I would do a fun 'off the page' project using Botanical Tea collection.  I took a few (empty) liquor bottles and turned them into painted Vintage Decor Bottles.  Here is a quick little step by step video to show how I made them....
 



These were a lot of fun to make, I hope you'll give it a try!  Next I decided to do some projects with the fresh and beautiful 'By The Sea' collection....

 
I've always wanted to make a 'reverse' style canvas, that is a canvas turned around using the backside, it creates a kind of shadow box design.  For this project I began by fussy cutting a bunch of the picture elements from this collection...love the mermaid, shells and starfish!
 
 
I used one of the postcard designs as the background and added some Dusty Attic chipboard elements (painted and stamped) to embellish the frame.

 
I cut out some of the sea elements (starfish, shells) and used a scissor handle to create a 3D effect .  Here I made another little step by step video on how I created this canvas...
 
 


.....and finally I have a couple of nautical style cards to share with you that I made using the 'By the Sea" collection....


I have a lot of 'girly' style cards I've made in my stash, ready to use, but I wanted to make a more masculine card for the men in my life.  I used the gorgeous stamp set that coordinates with the By the Sea collection as my centerpiece to the card...
 
 
You get such a nice crisp image with the rubber stamp don't you think?  I also added a chipboard button and more of their Staples metal accents (brads) with some hemp twine.

 
I like to use lots of natural products like burlap and twine with the navy and sky blues in these papers.  I feel like they are colors and textures that work well with a masculine style card.
 
 
For my other card I used a similar color combination but I made this one so that it can be used for a girl or guy.  I ended up using this as a card for my niece who is into boating and loves nautical designs.

 
I made the plank design by just cutting strips of the cream color cardstock in the coordinating 6x6 paper pads and inking the edges with a bit or soft brown chalk ink (Ingvild Bolmes pastel brown).  I also love the nice thickness of the patterned paper because it allows you to form it into 3D shapes as you can see with the starfish design I cut out of one of the patterned papers.

I hope you enjoyed checking out all the projects I created with Graphic 45's beautiful products! I want to thank Graphic 45 for this wonderful opportunity to guest design for them and their generousity in the product they sent.  I know I will be making many more projects with these goodies in the future! xo

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Super!

Kathy G. said...

Wow - you've totally outdone yourself yet again. I'm always amazed by everything you create.

ania said...

Fantastyczne, niezwykle pomysłowe i oryginalne, wakacyjne prace!! Bardzo mi się podobają - wszystkie!

Dee in N.H. said...

Amazing projects! I don't even have a favorite, I love them all!

gwillisinc said...

Beautiful as always!
I can smell the sea air!

Janene said...

Oh Gabi... BEAUTIFUL! Not sure why I sound surprised here... Graphic45 is perfect for you and your style -then again you could make anything work for you!!!!

Teresa said...

Oh my these projects are all fabulous Gabrielle, I love your wonderful layout page and those bottles look so beautiful I must try those, the sea canvas is beautiful too, I've just bought my first two canvases today to try out and after seeing this fabulous tutorial I'm not sure which I want to do most :)
Wish me luck.
Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

Unknown said...

Just saw some of your projects today on Facebook. I adore the altered bottles that you made and the rest of your stuff is gorgeous! And thanks for the tutorials!

lascasitasdepapel said...

Extraordinarios!!!!

lascasitasdepapel said...

Extraordinarios!!!!

Romy said...

Gosh, each one of your projects is absolutely divine, Gabi! You have done such amazing work with the Graphic 45 papers. I'm truly blown away! Gorgeous GDT work, hon!

Unknown said...

These projects are inspiring!! i think I'm going to have to buy at least one of these paper sets!!! I'm so glad I discovered your blog!!! I have one question, why chalk ink over say dye or permanent ink for edging?

Patty O'Malley said...

Super breathtaking, Gabi! You are so amazing! I am captivated by the canvas in particular. Love it!

A Country Twinkle said...

Fabulous projects! Graphic 45 should get you to do more projects with their paper. You inspire me to pull out my Graphic 45 papers and make something with them. (honestly they are so beautiful I find it hard to cut into them..LOL)

Cindy Gay said...

Love the page, striped paper, scalloped edging, pieces of lace and more!

Holofaye said...

Dear Gabrielle, I'm speechless, I've never seen such a pretty creative and inspiring blog like yours... your projects are beautiful and your videos explain everything so well that I just want to start my first project right after work. :)

Viktoriya Porechnaya said...

Love your amazing projects! It's fantastic! Espessially sea cards and frame!!!

cathylynn said...

Each project is phenomenal and as always I really enjoy your videos. Wow I'm inspired and these Graphic 45 papers and stamps are awesome. All fabulous!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Beverley said...

What a fabulous post Gabi...one divine project after the other!!! You manage to do something simply super with every paper you work with, but these are outstanding. I'm sure you have inspired so many of us to go right to our Graphic 45 stash so full of new found inspiration!! Thank-you again.

Shona said...

wow amazing projects!

Paula Calvanico said...

What gorgeous bottles! I have a couple of very pretty bottles that I've saved, great ideas for altering :)

Goegoeus layout, love thses papers and you bring them to life!

Paula <3

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

I have recently come across your incredible creations and I am in awe of your talent. You have such an eye for beautiful details. I am really looking forward to more inspiration from you!
Rebecca.

Mimi H. said...

I love the projects you made with Graphic 45. You have a style that can be spotted in any gallery, no matter what paper collection you use. You are a wonderful artist and so inspiring. Congrats on being a guest designer for G45. They were smart to invite you!
Hugs, Mimi

Kelly-ann Oosterbeek said...

Hi Gabrielle.... thank you so much for all your inspiration over the years ... I just adore all your work! I think I also love butterflies as much as you do :) but I find I can never get enough of them :) So I finally went and made some for myself ... then I had the idea to sell them on Etsy and now my little shop is powering ahead ... so THANK YOU again for all the inspiration... I really never would have come this far if it weren't for following your work all these years :) Cheers from Kel ( p.s. you can see store here : www.etsy.com/au/shop/FromAMothersArt )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails